Friday, October 29, 2010

RSS feeds I subscribed to

• I had already set up the My Yahoo RSS feed reader, because it came with the "upgrade" that my AT&T e-mail service did last year when it "partnered" with Yahoo.

• I subscribed to the RSS feed for 23 Things / Core Values - ASU and set my options to display up to 5 items from the past 7 days, headline only. I like being able to set options for each RSS feed separately.

• I subscribed to the Lifehacker blog's RSS feed. Haven't been reading it as much lately as in the past, and thought the RSS feed appearing right above my e-mail would get me looking at it more often.

• I subscribed to the Center for Public Integrity site's RSS feed, because I appreciate the investigative journalism they do.

• I subscribed to the RSS feed for  NPR's Planet Money blog. Since the meltdown of the financial system, I've been following the investigations and proposed/successful reforms related to the key factors in the meltdown. This blog discusses some of those issues, as well as a wide range of other financial issues.

• Another NPR show I enjoy is The Diane Rehm Show. Since I don't get to tune in as often as I'd like, I subscribed to the show's RSS feed.

• Just for fun, I subscribed to the RSS feed for a New York Times blog that I was not familiar with at all: Schott's Vocab: A Miscellany of Modern Words & Phrases, because of my lifelong fascination with words and vocabulary.

I found it easier to subscribe to RSS feeds that offered the My Yahoo option. These added the feed directly to my My Yahoo page. I also was disappointed not to see an RSS option on some Web sites that I would have liked to subscribe to.

No comments:

Post a Comment