Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Twitter account

  • I set up my Twitter account and posted my first Tweet.
  • Here are some of the interests and people I'm following:
  1. Suze Orman Show, because I like her down-to-earth advice, enjoy her humor, and admire her contributions to financial literacy.
  2. The Dalai Lama's official Twitter page, because his Tweets are inspiring.
  3. Kindle Today, a news stream about Amazon's Kindle e-book reader
  4. Malinda Maynor Lowery, to keep up with news about the Lumbee Tribe
  5. Nouriel Roubini, to keep up with the global financial situation from a perspective that some call realistic and others call "permabear"
  6. Political Humor--for fun!
  7. New York Public Library, to see how they're using Twitter
  8. Kevin S. Clarke, because he Tweets a lot and has a wide range of interests.
  • How can libraries use Twitter? There are innumerable possibilities. It's useful for librarians to follow Twitter, even if not posting Tweets that often, to be aware of the possibilities and to engage both work-related and personal interests. We never know what might spark a creative idea. For me, though, moderation is the key. It's so easy to get fascinated by setting up interests and people to follow, and figuring out how it all works, and before I know it, there goes two hours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment